Working from home is prized by employees who cherish the lack of commute and distraction-free environment that a home office provides. But for employees thrust into telecommuting in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, navigating remote work is far from effortless. From troubleshooting technology to parenting while on the clock, new remote employees face a lot of challenges. To help overcome them, we’ve put together this guide full of resources to help you adjust to working from home.
What to Know About Working from Home During COVID-19
- Read up on what companies are doing in response to COVID-19.
- Prepare yourself for the unexpected challenges of working remotely.
- Learn how to protect your home office from cybersecurity threats.
Mastering the Art of Working Remotely
- Set yourself up for success with a great morning routine.
- Get the best tips and tricks for staying productive in a home office.
- Learn how to collaborate effectively when your team isn’t in the same place.
- Understand the unspoken etiquette of messaging telecommuting coworkers.
- Whenever possible, keep it eco-friendly by recycling paper, electronic equipment, and even your laptop.
- Take this time to improve your invoicing system.
Dealing with Distractions in a Home Office
- Learn how to shut out distracting noises during the workday.
- Set boundaries that separate your office hours from your family time.
- Hear how other remote workers help their pets adjust to the new normal.
- Discover the importance of clocking out at the end of the day.
Like all big changes, working from home comes with a learning curve. Teleworkers have to figure out a new flow to their days as well as learn how to stay on task at home. But when you follow these tips, you’ll hit your stride and become a productive remote employee in no time.
Image via Unsplash